Corporate Blogging have emerged as one of best way for companies or corporate houses to reach their stakeholders directly. Corporate blogging is used as a platform by various corporates to connect, communicate and update their recent activity and future actions to various stakeholders and other internet masses.
There are certain Do’s and Don’ts related to corporate blogging that are to be considered for boosting SEO and these are not meant to be ignored. Before starting a blog for business you should verify that whether your business needs blogging at all? As per a statement made by David Sifry “There are some corporate cultures where blogging is not going to go over very well,”. The following points should be kept at focus for corporate blogging.
“Do’s” for corporate blogging
- Choose topic to be posted wisely – Topic to be posted at corporate blog should be chosen in such a way that it proves to be helpful in answering queries and concerns of various stakeholders related do your business.
- Be précised – The content should neither be too lengthy that it holds irrelevant information and it gets monotonous for reader to go through complete content nor the content should be too short that it misses relevant and important information. Content under topic should be precisely written covering all important points that are needed to be communicated.
- Update regularly – You should update your corporate blog on a regular basis so the related stakeholders get frequent update regarding what are you up to in your business and the current happening or recent activity in corporate is timely communicated to related stakeholders.
- Use Cross Links – You should cross-link to other posts and webpages on your corporate blog. Use links to refer or redirect to other important articles on your corporate blog. This would make the reader to stay on your website for more time leading to making him aware more about your business.
- Promote website – You can make use of social networking website like Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn etc., for promoting your corporate blog. As masses of internet users have their accounts in either of mentioned social networking website, promoting your business on such website would help to redirect internet masses or heavy traffic towards your corporate blog.
- Make blog’s outlook presentable – Your blog should be having appropriate mix of charts, images, videos to make content more presentable and easy to understand. This in turn would attract more viewers and would help to get interest of reader maintained.
- Be systematic – Your corporate blog should be written in a systematic manner with various heads and sub heads where-ever needed. This would make the navigation of your corporate blog easier for readers.
- Feedback – There might be queries and comments posted by various readers related to any post or area of business. Do respond to them as soon as possible with a suitable reply to their queries or comments. This would make reader feel their views are valued in your organization which would boost your corporate’s brand value.
- Maintain Transparency – Do write on your corporate blog regarding the future plans of your business. What would be various strategies (not confidential information) that the corporate house would implement and what are its growth prospects. This would help your business to get attached with viewer and if reader can clearly visualize your future mission and vision it would boost your business activity and would gain trust of various stakeholders and other readers.
Related Read: A Complete Guide To “On Page SEO”
Related Read: How to Build Brand Advocates via Social Media
“Don’ts” for corporate blogging
- Don’t make use of jargon’s – Your corporate blog should be written in simple language which is easy to understand for readers. You should avoid making use of typical words or technical words that are hard to understand for many viewers. If such happens reader would not be able to understand the message to be delivered to him and thus your efforts would go waste.
- Don’t copy others ideas – Your blog should be reflection of your ideas and thoughts. You should not copy and paste other person ideas and thought over your blog, instead “be original” in what you post at your blog.
- Don’t get personal – You should not forget that while writing a corporate blog you are a professional personality, don’t try to break limit of professionalism by making personal comments or posts at corporate blog. Over Corporate blog your post should be reflective of your business instead focusing at your personal personality.
- Don’t get in hardcore sales – Over your corporate blog you should not focus on just sales itself, corporate blog should be used more for communicating business perception and its recent activity and for connecting to various stakeholders rather than focusing more on getting sales through it.
- Don’t make political or religious comments – You should never ever try to post any content that favors or opposes any political party or political act on one hand and on another cultural or religious sentiments of any social group or community. Any such post will harm the brand image of your business resulting in lowering its brand value. This might also call for legal actions against corporate house.
- Don’t make any post without its authenticity – You should try avoiding any post at your corporate blog whose authenticity cannot be verified. Any such post might lead to get corporate house in serious question and answer session. Also any such post would be considered as a careless approach of corporate house.
- Don’t publish too much – If said there should be frequent update at your corporate blog, that doesn’t means that you should post as much as you can. Try to publish only post that are relevant and are needed to be communicated to stakeholders and other general public.
Following these tips will ensure that your corporate blog will be a successful one.