An Overview of SEO
SEO or Search Engine Optimization is the most popular method of promoting websites today. SEO relies on keywords placed in web content to raise search engine rankings. A website that has a high search engine ranking will very likely appear on page 1 of the search engine results page, and that increases the visibility of the website among the public.
Another way to do SEO is to place backlinks on other websites. Search engines detect these backlinks and highly regard them in the computation of the SEO score. Check out our article on How SEO Works to learn about the Search Engine Optimization technique.
Do It Yourself SEO? Of Course, Not
The popularity of SEO has spawned plenty of online guides on how to effectively perform it. On the Internet, tips are abound about placing keywords, getting backlinks, and many more about the fine intricacies of SEO. Now you may have read some of the beginner SEO guide from SEOMoz and others, found on the Internet, and might have decided to apply them yourself. Is that a good thing to do? No.
SEO is something that you can ideally practice to perfection, but in reality you don’t have time to practice. Why? Because you should be handling your business if you have a business website or you should be researching for content to place. It is not really your job to market your website unless you have plenty of time in hand. Fortunately, there is a class of professionals that can undertake SEO tasks for you. They are SEO service providers like us.
SEO Services and Service Providers
Getting SEO service providers to market your website is often a good decision. SEO service providers are responsible for many tasks related to SEO, such as keyword research, development of quality web content, development of your website (e.g. hosting, use of Java, etc.), review of your website, and targeted local SEO. SEO service providers have a wealth of knowledge and experience that you just can’t get by reading numerous SEO guides on the Internet.
Of course, SEO service providers will charge you some fees. But you can always find an SEO service provider who can provide you with high-quality services for an affordable price (though for low prices, the kinds of services that you will get will be the basic ones).
Here at Kudo Metrics, we do provide high quality SEO services at affordable price. Request a consultation with us to get started with our SEO services. Also, consider the fees as an investment that can potentially lead to greater profits.
Choosing an SEO Service Provider
You have to make sure, however, that when you get an SEO service provider you will get good service. An SEO service provider comes in handy at the time when you are redesigning your website, when you are launching a new website, or when you want an evaluation of web content on your website.
There are many questions that you should ask to an SEO service provider so that you can be confident that your website will thrive in search engine rankings. Here are some of them:
1. How much experience does the SEO service provider have? Generally, SEO service providers with more experience are more preferable to those who are just starting out, but expect to be charged more from SEO service providers with more experience.
2. What SEO techniques will the SEO service provider use? Perhaps you have a technique or two in mind that you think will improve your website’s search engine ranking. An SEO service provider should be able to perform that. Or, if you have no idea about SEO techniques, you can just ask what the SEO service provider will do for your website. There should be concrete answers forthcoming.
3. Are there also other services that they can provide? Will the SEO service provider supplement SEO with other Internet marketing techniques? Knowledge of these other techniques to boost your website’s visibility should be a great plus.
4. How does communication with the SEO service provider take place? Communicating with the SEO service provider is crucial, so that you can get the updates being done to your website as well as any techniques being performed and the rationale behind them. Communication also ensures that you can give adequate useful feedback to the SEO service provider.
5. What has the SEO service provider already done? An experienced SEO service provider must show samples of work already done for other websites. Additionally, you can go and check the website of the SEO service provider. If it ranks high in search engines, then that’s a good sign that the SEO service provider practices what he preaches, so you can trust him.
Beware of These, However
Just as there are many SEO service providers with merit, there are some who can’t be trusted at all. How will you know? If an SEO service provider tells you that he can lift your website to #1 in the search engine ranking page, rest assured he’s a fraud. There is no way an SEO service provider can guarantee that 100% of the time. If an SEO service provider won’t explain what they will do to your website, then start looking for a different one.
Take note of this because when there is unethical or misleading content on your website, your website can get banned from search engines. Also, an SEO service provider that proposes to pass your website to hundreds of search engines around (without checking out content) should not be trusted, because mere submission to search engines does not guarantee a high SE ranking in itself.